Corporate Members of the AASD are manufacturers and companies that demonstrate support for surgeon owned distributorships practicing with transparent and ethical behavior, and in a manner that benefits society. Demonstrating support is defined as one or all of the following:
- Currently doing business with a surgeon-owned distributorship.
- Striving to educate the marketplace on surgeon-owned distribution.
- Willingness to sell products to a surgeon-owned distributorship.
Corporate Members must share the desire to implement positive change and efficiencies to reduce the cost of healthcare, and, if a manufacturer, do so while continuously producing high quality medical devices.
Benefits of Membership
- Public recognition of a commitment to the ethical and compliant distributorship model.
- First-hand access to enterprising surgeons and introduction to all new distributorship members.
- Invitation to AASD meetings with tabletop space.
- Listed in the AASD online directory with link directing to company’s website
- Opportunity to be featured in the AASD newsletters to highlight new products, personnel, etc.
- Routinely receive timely information that provides updates on legislative, regulatory, and policy developments affecting surgeon-owned distributorships.
Criteria for Corporate Membership
- Signed endorsement of the AASD Standards and Policies
- Commitment to educate all distributorships with surgeon ownership on the AASD Standards and Policies
- Provide technical support and personnel training to all surgeon owned distributorships
If a Manufacturing Company is applying for corporate membership, the following is also required:
- Compliance with 21 CFR Part 820/FDA Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- No outstanding FDA warning letters*
- Compliance with the AdvaMedÒ Code of Ethics
- Adherence to a stocking distribution model with all surgeon owned distributorships
*If a member company does receive a warning letter from the FDA, a copy of the corrective action plan must be received within 45 days from the date of letter receipt in order to maintain membership status.